September 20, 2010

September : Mommy's BIrthday & Grandparents Day

All I wanted for my birthday was a cake made by Daddy & Faith. What kind, what flavor what icing, what was on it, how it was made... all left up to them. Well I woke one Saturday morning to the yummy smell of chocolate backing in my house... seriously, amazing.




Faith and David made the greatest 2 layer chocolate cake with chocolate icing and a sprinkle filling (very festive). Sure, I may be partial because it was made with lots of love by them, but David really did an outstanding job. It was perfectly moist and the icing wasn't too sweet, a yummy balance of chocolate richness without that...woah, too much sweet, taste. I was so proud of them and Faith apparently was a huge helper. David chopped up real chocolate and made it all from scratch, no cake mix or canned icing involved. THANK YOU to my TWO favorite bakers. And of course, thank you David for a wonderful spa day at the Crescent... oh how those re-charge my entire life. :) OF course, lunch at Ferrings wasn't too shabby either. :)

Grandparents Day

Faith celebrated Grandparents Day at her school, complete with a full chorus performance of:

The Pledge of Allegiance
Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Spoonful of Sugar
Doe a Deer
My Favorite Things
and more...


1 comment:

Jared and Kim said...

Faith is so cute!!! It's so neat to see how much she's grown!! Thank you for sharing your life with us!! And happy belated birthday! :)