Faith and I have been planning Daddy's birthday for a week now. Everytime we talk about it she says "Happy Birt-day Daddy" so I keep telling her no, not today but on Wednesday. Well kids, it's Wednesday....
Daddy's birthday events are as follows:
Banner & balloons in the study for his morning surprise (I am sure I will still be asleep when he gets up so I have to plan ahead)
Mid-morning-mid-afternoon : sort of up in the air since he is working from home/on the phone,etc, but it is Daddy's day so whatever he wants goes
Afternoon Family Fun walk around the block
Dinner: Homemade Buttermilk Chicken and Mushroom Rice -sounds not healthy or good, but it is both and it is fabulous... I can share the recipes if you like.
Dessert : Left over cake from his Monday birthday celebration with the Martin/Bucaram bunch
After-Dessert: Faith filled evening of dancing and playing - I vow to capture video of Faith who now dances with complete, thoughtful moves and moments to any given song, but in particular to Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters" which Daddy introduced
I VOW to get pictures up by the end of the week, the reality is I finally have my little work niche going and found the camera cable... yay so we can hook up and load up
and in closing.... 26 reasons we love you on your birthday:
1. you like to dance with both of us, often
2. you make a fantastic grilled cheese
3. you read books while teaching colors/shapes and more in the tub (its Daddy-multitasking)
4. you love numbers, which is great, because one of us has too
5. you give big Daddy-sized hugs
6. and kisses
7. you make yummy oatmeal and share with those under 4 ft
8. you stop working just enough to sit and watch Tigger & Pooh, Handy Mandy, or Sid the Science Kid
9. you make sure those shows are recorded daily
10. your kisses make everything better
11. you cuddle
12. you can decipher Faith-talk
13. your feet are giant, and perfect for little toes
14. you are attracted to the color pink, often
15. and it makes you smile
16. you work hard
17. you never forget about the ones you love
18. you take care of those around you often
19. you have enormous compassion for people
20. you enjoy a nice dinner with your family, in comfy cloths
21. a little ice cream now and then fixes everything
22. you rise early and still have enough energy to keep up with us
23. you smile every morning when you see our sleepy eyes open
24. you pray with us
25. you laugh with us
26. and you love us more than we know and you show us this daily
WE LOVE YOU DADDY! Happy Birthday to you.. may all your dreams come true!


4 comments:
Yay me. Thanks honey.
Hi Christine! This is Melissa from Elon Cheerleading - happy Birthday to David! PS - I tagged you in a Blog Award! :) xoxo
awww... i love lists of "i love you reasons" so sweet.
you left off the part about polynomial equations.... surely that's high enough priority to make a list of 26 ;)
Post a Comment