November 23, 2009

North Carolina...



I have been waiting to post this blog about our amazing weekend get-away to North Carolina...

David had to do some recruiting work for BCG at Duke so he decided to steal away his girls for a weekend in good 'ol NC. Not to mention both Duke and Elon were playing home football games so what better timing. We headed out on Friday and let me tell you, I will never again ride in a plane at 28 weeks pregnant. It was terrible, but I survived thanks to an awesome 2 year old who caused no fuss and a fabulous hubby who sat across the aisle and kept me busy listening to classic Martin Family Tunes. :)





Saturday was full of football. First the Duke game. Long walk from the car to the stadium- in full Duke regalia- complete with toddler face painting, pre-game snacks and pom-pons. Too bad the game wasn't as exciting as the first 10 minutes. Poor Duke.

Then off to Elon, after a complete wardrobe change, a toddler nap, and a switch of pom-pons. Another treck to the stadium meant Faith got to ride on Daddy's shoulders. though, once we did arrive and she dismounted her throne, her poor little legs had fallen asleep and she had no idea what was going on-imagine the look of a toddler getting off a horse-sort of bow-legged and uncertain-it was sad-and terribly, hilarious. Well, we did manage to squeeze in seats down near the dance team were I re-introduced Faith to her favorite (and my favorite) girls ever. (I really miss you guys!!!!!) The girls danced an awesome MJ Dance (woo-hoo Lauren and team for kicking butt) and Faith and I spent all of our time engulfed between them, pom-pons and about a million Sadie moments - and a few with 'that girl who will remain unnamed' ;) I don't have any pictures of her with them because I was so captivated I never bothered to return to my husband who sat squished between strangers with my purse. Girls, please e-mail them to me :)
After another disappointing lose we snuck out to Mellow Mushroom for yummy pizza and pretzel bread followed by a Great IDea by Daddy: TCBY.

Sunday we we drove by our old house where we had to explain (a later faith explained) we couldn't go in because other people live there. Still looked the same. Then it was off to church and lunch at Mad Hatters with Dean Sue. Ahhhh, and this is where Faith decided she would need to go to the potty literally every 5 minutes. I personally think she liked walking around in her Uggs, especially since some college kid said 'hey, nice boots' to my 2-yr old. Grr. We then checked into the Washington Duke Inn right on Duke's campus and headed out to the mall to meet Auntie Lauren for some dinner. Yay-what a surprise to see her and catch up and then run around the hotel with. Faith had such a great time, and we especially loved it because when Auntie Lauren left, Faith was so sleepy she went right to bed. Which of course resulted in another Great Idea by Daddy: cookout shakes - combined with stolen toppings from a random 'snack' room at the hotel-he-he-he

Monday David spent at Fuqua and Faith and I hung around campus. We went to the Chapel or 'castle' as Faith called it. She had a great time explaining that the top windows had been broken (there are no windows there) and it was sad. She was awesome. Then before we knew it, it was time to pick up Daddy and head to the airport. But Daddy ROCKed again - he got an upgrade for me ,which meant I got to ride first class, while he and munchkin rocked it out in Coach. (((LOVE HIM))) I guess flying pregnant isn't too terrible in first class.

Though we loved our NC trip, it was nice to come home to Texas. Home.

1 comment:

KFuj said...

Faith looks so big!! I would have guessed she was 3 if I didn't know her age- to cute!