September 13, 2009

Adorable Father-Daughter Moment

I must first tell you that if it wasn't the morning I would take a picture of the giant smile I have across my face, but no one really wants to post their morning face for the world to see, and if you have in the past, I am sure you at least flipped your hair or applied some light powder, maybe waited until your eyes fully opened to snap that picture, well not me, I just opted out and went straight to typing this post after consuming some nice cereal and blueberries....

I awoke, 2.5 hours later than normal, thanks to my fabulous hubby taking some Daddy duties this morning, not that he doesn't but you never know with work stuff and life how much 'extra' sleep you can steal. Well, I got a good amount. After realizing how lucky I was, I embarked on my venture to the living room where I was sure to find Faith playing, David on his laptop and a quick shift into Mommy duty.... nope.

Instead David and Faith were curled up on the couch watching Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Adorable.

What makes this even more special is the fact that David has not seen this movie and Faith is simply in love with it since we saw the play this summer. She knows the songs, all the characters names, what happens next and even tries to adopt behaviors they demonstrate. For example, in the beginning of the movie the Dad and his 2 children(Jeremy & Jemima) sit to eat at home and place their checkered table cloth in their shirts. Something that Faith trys to do every time we go to Grimaldi's where they, too, have a checkered table cloth. It wouldn't be too bad except she insists that Daddy does it too, since that is what they do in the movie. Then there are the endless request to sing the songs with her, which David never knew, until now.

So naturally, I am ecstatic. This means Daddy has been initiated into the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang hall of fame. So proud.

No comments: