November 24, 2012

the Martins these days

are pretty busy

in other words, life is normal

:)

the routine has become, well, more routine, yet always changing.
the kids are growing like weeds.... all of them
i am constantly amazed
grateful
humbled
and did i mention grateful

God is good.

The last two months have been FULL of 'moments'

Luke has decided walking is officially cooler than crawling, except for the occasion when you want to beat your sister to something, than it may be faster to either a) walk or b) use some portion of your body to physically stop her.  He is ttalking, trying to put the words together. Trying to say a lot. And often. Mostly a TON of pointing "dese?" and lately we hear a ton of "baby jee-sis"

Madeleine is walking,too! She did her normal thing: wait for her brother to get it, then put it all together, only faster.  She wants to run, but normally her body won't keep up with her mind.... I have a feeling this will be a normal thing for her. She is also trying to talk more, putting words out there. Of course hers are more intentional and less babble. The girl won't waste time with nonsense!

Together they are simply hilarious and entertaining. The laugh and play and fight and most of the time Luke is taking something and Madeleine is going in for the bite/attack. I love watching them. I love seeing how they adore each other in the most typical sibling fashion.

They are eating big kid food and loving it all. Madeleine is totally down with big kid milk from a sippy straw. Luke would rather have a bottle. So we still have formula bottles to chase each meal. Though all I want from Christmas is NO MORE BOTTLES!

Isabelle is amazing me more and more each day. She is only 2.5 and is acting like such a big girl, most of the time. The rest of the time she is acting her age. {finding things to break, explore, eat, drink, and well, being sneaky} :) She loves dancing, wants to read books non-stop and has really settled into her 'likes.' Yes, she often wants to follow in big sisters shadow, but she has this strong willed, independent streak in her that often chooses her own path. I love it. I love her independence and I wouldn't change it for anything. She is my cuddle bug, my little sweet heart. She can say the strangest things and the sweetest things all in one sentence. She loves her dance class and yes, I am her mother, but the girl gets it.... its way more natural to her and she is a great listener/mimic plus she has awesome rhythm for a 2 year old.

Faith is only 5 going on 14. Some days I find myself thinking 'if this is 5 what will the pre-teen/teenage years be like.' The girl has a mouth and some serious attitude. Yet, she is adorable and mostly, wonderfully annoying. Its pretty hard to keep a straight face when she has these moods yet, its my role to make sure she knows its not okay to talk/act/behave like that. She is all drama. Everything is bigger and better and more fantastic when explained/told/demonstrated by Faith. Her best outlet: dance. She loves it. She has told me time and again that ballet is her favorite. Right now we have her in a ballet academy for ballet and a studio for a pre-competition class which includes ballet,tap  & jazz.  She often shows me what she learned and many times I hear the echos of '5,6,7,8' in the house. My favorite moment is when she joins me for my last hour of teaching. I am in there with 5th graders, teaching jazz, and she, my precious kindergartner is dancing right along with them. Keeping up, learning and confident. Its a sweet sweet thing for me and I am not taking any single moment for granted.

The big sisters have also been talking a lot about God. Faith is in Faith Formation Classes at the church so she is getting more 'knowledge' and loves to share it with her sister and me. Often I catch them talking about praying or praying or telling Jesus stories. It warms my heart and I am so humbled by the work God is doing in their hearts, and in mine.

And may I close giving the main man, the head guy, the dude of the house a shout out : I love you hubby, with all my heart. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you - for loving me! You are my other half and you are AMAZING!

There have been videos and photos and moments, most of which I simply have not had the time to share. So I did what any other person who is way behind would do... I made a video, {of October stuff}. So if you want to see them... you can, if not you at least got caught up on our beautiful chaos.

Hope your Thanksgiving holiday was overflowing with blessings!


No comments: