November 15, 2010

These days

( just a warning : I am about to write everything on my mind, it may be difficult to follow. I am prey, just imagine what it must feel like for me )

I am overwhelmed with the things we have to get done before we move. Pack everything in a box, well everything except anything we think we may want to ship at somme random point encase it is cheaper to ship than to try to locate in Paris. We have had one company give us a quote. And we almost cried when we saw it.... Because really every quote is double sine we have to move it all back in 12 months. And that means i stand in a room and just go crazy processing what is going where and when and should i or shouldn't I and what about the Christmas stuff? I cant take it out and set it up because we aren't going to be able to do that and then i stress over the face that Christmas will not be the same this year then i vow to myself that i will make sure my kids get the Christmas they deserve, the way me and David want it to be the way we want to celebrate as our family with our traditions and then i just go b ack to square one... This house has to be packed and it overwhelms me.

Stressed about our house it needs to be rented out.. And fast. But seriously who
is looking to rent a 4600 square foot home...right now. But i am hopeful. Hopeful there someone out there who needs us and just hasn't found us yet. Hopeful it want to will happen but never the less stressed.

Nervous i will forget something or mess it up in this complicated process as i try to remember to get medical records from everyone, make copies, file papers, email the right people, remind everyone what needs to get done and this tight timeline and then realize that i have to get it done. But that only happens between the hours of nine pm and midnight, when the kids sleep. Which then means i go to bed near two each night, trying to organize, emial, sort, and play catch up.

Plus there is the weekly laundry, homework, activities, time it's, baths, meals, bill payments, meetings, money management, stuff,that never gets completed and falls to the wayside yet needs to be managed well because if i put it off too long something happens, we start to stop functioning...haha or smelling.

But then there the holidays rapidly approaching where we have to somehow schedule the big move before and yet after Christmas day and the flights and the budget is out the window and what and how will it all work...seriously how.

Then i remember what i tell Faith:

Do your very best, and let God do the rest.
He is in control.

Then I remember what I tell my husband:

God has always taken care of us, guided us, loved us, provided for us, and done so because He loves us. Let us pray and give thanks always, and most of all trust Him.

Then i relax for a good five minutes before looking at my schedule, the to do list, and the countless Halloween photos I have yet to share because I have yet to edit...

I know it I'll all fall into place, its just hard to see through all that has to get done.

So please forgive me and my lack of blogging... I am sad you still haven't seem our amazing Spider family, pumpkin loving kiddos, but I am currently running on all of my cylinders..example, i asked my doctor to take a really long time with me so I could steal a few extra minutes of quiet time, not necessarily away from kids, but quiet time in my own head

Ps I did this on my iPad while nursing Miss I so forgive the typos and randomness and though it seems silly we could really use some prayers as we embark on this adventure...


Also, icant scroll, so forgive all my typos/word errors/et

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YES, you have a lot on your plate. But the great thing is that you also have a lot of people around here to help! No matter what you realize you forgot to pack when you get over there (and you know there will be something!), someone here can find it, locate it, and send it.

The Halloween pics aren't going anywhere.... everyone will still enjoy seeing them in March, once you've moved, adjusted, settled, and found some free Parisian time.

I'm betting you've already done this, but I think in your shoes I would make a SERIOUSLY MUST DO list and just include the stuff that will really screw you up in the visa/travel/rental process.... the medical records, passports, who to contact when you get there. almost everything else move-related can be handled messily after-the-fact. It might not end up being the most convenient, seamless move, but y'all will survive it and look back and laugh on what all went wrong and how it got fixed.

Hang in there.... keep repeating the advice you give to others ;) and CALL if you need anything!

Mary Anne said...

Sara said it well. It will all get done and you will be 'fine'- Ha!Once the ball gets rolling as always you will run with it and get it and yourself to the finish line. You have help and you need to continue to reach out and ask. Your love and support system is there.
We love you.