first of all... we had an amazing time in pittsburgh, pa this past weekend, celebrating the NEW Mr. & Mrs. Scott Fleming... it was a beautiful wedding down to the every little detail & homemade cookies, mmmmm, i'm just bummed i didn't fill about 10 boxes full of these tasty treats and try to stick them in my luggage. amazing adventure, beautiful couple, so blessed to be able to share in such a special day. thank you scott & katie! i have lots of pictures to post, but ...
we are at the beach... well, almost all of us... not daddy, he has to work, but the girls are, and we are excited, but secretly we keep hoping daddy will walk through the door & tell us he took a surprise vacation to come play with us in the sand... anyway, i am still trying to get pictures off my Big Girl Camera, and my normal camera gave its last click/thank goodness for the new one/ but we are working off only grandma's camera so it may take a day or two to get things rolling. plus, we dont have a macbook since Miss F stepped on it and cracked the screen all the way to a $800 + repair & since you can't see anything its sort of a flop until we have enough spare pocket cash to replace it for such adventures as these... thus, no fancy beach movies for anyone (esp.daddy, which makes me sad). i am currently posting of pop's old work computer & if i was so lucky as to find some sort of media mixer than, well, i would be shocked... bottom line - lots of pics to post, and more to come
but onto the AMAZING news
Isabelle is crawling.... what?! yup! she is 5months old & crawling, and yes, we have lots of proof, no it isn't a sort of caterpiller crawl its the real deal, & no it isn't slow and cute, its fast and with some serious purpose... her great motivator: anything... toys, food. faith's stuff. chair legs, anything.
today it was sand.
Isabelle met the sand and the ocean today & loved it (could it be the fact she falls asleep to the 'ocean' setting on our sleep lamb? maybe) but she just loved the sand between her toes and got on all fours, raking it between her fingers... then, in one swift motion shoved a whole fistful in her mouth... ya, that's when i stepped in for some improptu nursing to help wash things out after water wasn't really working.
lots going on, lots to share, lots more coming.... miss you all, but this is our beach therapy, our vacation, our time, its not perfect because my best friend, my love, their daddy isn't here, but its just how it is right now, so we are doing all that he would want us to do, enjoying it & talking about him non-stop :) WE LOVE YOU!!!
PS---> tell me about your craziest nursing experience... i had to pull one tricky manuever to nurse isabelle the other day, and i would love to see what some of you have had to do in the past just to get things done & feed your beautiful babes! i'll post later this week with my story and soem of my favorites, let's see if any of you have a story as crazy, or crazier than mine!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
glad you are enjoying your trip. I must tell you that Levi crawled at 5 months and he took steps at 8 and started practically running the day he turned 9 months and it has been WILD :) you are in for it :) but it is so cute and fun too.
Oh so many nursing stories now that I am a working mom! Here are two fun pumping stories
1. Me forgetting my pump charger at work and having to pump in my car: http://toomuchgood.blogspot.com/2010/07/working-momma-drama.html
2. Me getting locked in our storage closet at work while pumping: http://toomuchgood.blogspot.com/2010/07/working-momma-drama-part-2.html
As far as nursing Lila in public, I had a whole conversation with a sales man at Target while I was nursing Lila sitting in a chair (that was for sale!) in their patio furniture section. When he finally realized there was a baby underneath the blanket, he turned bright red and walked away mid-conversation :-)
So back in May I took a trip from Clarksville TN to Lancaster PA, a 13+ hour drive with the boys ages 3yr and 4mo.
Geoffrey my 3yo was not completly potty trained and I had stopped 3 times in 45min to let him go. my husband reminded me that maybe he had to poop. So I stop off this exit where there is only an Exxon. One of the ones that has barely a store and a 2 car garage and the bathrooms are on the outside. I walk all the way across the parking lot praying that the bathrooms are decent. Surprisingly they are clean and very well kept. So here I am with a 3 yr old siting on the potty and the 4month old is hungry. I was still exculsivily nursing So what was I to do...I hook him up. and to help the process on both parties we sing Old Mcdonald had a farm.
I will never forget that day. When it comes down to it I will really nurse where ever he needs to.
Post a Comment