July 8, 2010

Dallas World Aquarium

grandma has been talking about taking the girls(including me) to the Aquarium & we finally got it done.... and it was fabulous. First of all, I was totally impressed. I mean, I though aquariums to be mostly tanks with lots of fish which all look pretty amazing & interesting, but all look like fish to me. DWA was nothing of the sort. I felt like I was at a jungle safari, starting way up in the tall tall trees of the jungle/rain forest & winding in & out, down & around as birds, snakes, swans, ducks, lizards, turtles, bats, tarantulas, toucans, a sloth, crocodiles, penguins, a jaguar, flamingos, sting rays, sharks, manatees & so much more were hiding around every corner, tucked high & low places, under my feet, flying by my head, inches away behind no barriers, eating out of our hands. Amazing & breathtaking. Faith was just all over the place : "look at this" "what's that" come here [grandma][mommy]" "look up there"'look down there""i want more" I couldn't capture enough pictures to tell the entire story, so here is a simple handful.
here we go... playing peek-a-boo in the rain forest

the wonderment begins
the sloth, sleeping in the tree, & this is with no zoom, i could get this close
festive slushies & animal crackers, so appropriate




"look Mom, what's that" Grandma explains its a Manatee

"Mommy, the Manatee pooped, look at all the poopies, eww"
Nemo & Dori



3 comments:

Jocelyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jocelyn said...

Ohhh! I LOVE the dallas world aquarium. I can't wait to take Levi there when he gets a little older! I loved going there as a kid...I was way into animals/bugs/fish :) nerd i know.
Glad you guys enjoyed it! Cute pics!

Anonymous said...

that looks like a fun trip! I can totally picture Faith taking it all in.... although I am really confused by all the land animals ;)