Faith performed in her very first dance recital this weekend and well, it was sort of a big deal for all of us. Auntie Lauren came in and so did 'Fancy' Nancy Van to see her dance. Nancy Van was at my very first recital so it was sort of a full circle experience for her to see Faith dance too. She was excited and anxious and had a blast. I was nervous for her and also for the 4 other classes I had & though I wanted no one to mess up, I wanted everyone to have fun... and they did. Dress rehearsal night was a little crazy, but wonderful. The studio is extremely organized so things went pretty smoothly. I hid perfectly on the side of the stage, where I could see Faith and she couldn't see me... then she did, and she waved & kept right on dancing. Perfectly wonderful. She was amazing. The day of the show, all the girls were thrilled & excited, especially since they knew what to expect. And this time, Faith knew I was right there and she saw me, smiled big & kept right on shaking those hips & tapping her feet. I was especially happy for her because she was loving it all; the makeup, hair, shoes, tights, costume, etc. It was a lot of fun. Today at dance class she even asked her teacher if she could do the recital again... poor Ms Brenda, too bad she wasn't on board for a repeat weekend. :) My first recital was in a yellow tutu and tap shoes so I found a book titled "The Yellow TuTu" and wrote a special note to Faith inside and gave it to her. I know I will always cherish this weekend and it will forever be something I keep in my heart. It was even more amazing because I was able to stand just behind that curtain and watch her shine...
flowers for our tiny dancer
a yellow rose, for mommy
another tiny dancer on the way
staying busy backstage
proud mommy
dress rehearsal
the girls waiting backstage, taking good care of eachother
best friends



2 comments:
very cute and sweet christine! I love the pic of you with faith...man do you two look alike in that shot! And miss Isabelle is so stinking cute too :)
so sad we missed it :(
flower power 4 real!
can't wait to see the videos! we should set it up as like a premier screening or something. I bet she'd enjoy that ;)
Post a Comment