so for the longest time she has argued that 'it is NOT a baby brother' and when asked she volunteers it is a sister. well yesterday everything changed.
my mom was walking Target with me, and by walking I mean we were pacing around all the toy aisle in an attempt to put my in labor and check off some of my weekly shopping lists, and she was entertaining Faith by taking her up and down all the toy aisle... fascinating since that can take HOURS ;)
however, when they walked down the first 'boy-focused' aisle full of dragons and cars and trucks, my mom made the one comment that changed Faith's entire perspective....
Mom: "Faith see all the neat toys you can have if you have a baby brother."
Faith: eyes get all big, mouth opens up really wide "Mommy, I want a baby brother!"
Me: "You want a baby brother?"
Faith: "Ya. we get lots of neat toys, like a dragon and another dragon."
Me: "let's call Daddy and tell him, okay"
Faith: "okay"
awesome. next we headed to Tom Thumb for the last of our groceries... Faith climbed into one of the carts that has the car attached to the front, they only had the doubles so there existed two steering wheels.
Faith:"When baby brother come out, he ride with me and we drive"
seriously. we are on board with both genders now, yay for toys. ;)
Now that I am in my last, yes, LAST week of pregnancy, it is nice to know that no matter what we have, Faith will be super excited. Doctor's appointment is tomorrow... :)


2 comments:
playing GI Joes with your baby brother can be just as much fun as playing with Barbies
I'll show her the best hiding places to hide his Rambo guns...
That's so much fun! Maybe after we have one of each we will go for a surprise baby. I love when kids talk about their baby siblings.
I didn't have a baby brother but a very close baby cousin. He is two years younger than me. The only boy out of 4 girl cousins. It was fun playing legos with him!!
Post a Comment