December 22, 2009

Christmas Decorations


I have updated the photos on the left with some more Christmas festivities. We have been busy and especially since David is home for the next two weeks. Between Christmas shopping & quality family time I must say it sure is nice to finally have Christmas in our own house. This is the first year we not only get to set up Christmas decorations, but we get to actually put presents under our own tree & open them Christmas morning. David and I are thrilled that Faith gets to 'see' Christmas on Christmas morning. We are just crossing our fingers and hoping she decides to sleep in until at least 8 (which is possible seeing how she just finally got over her cold-bug).

We saw Santa last night and it was really something special. Faith was able to tell Santa exactly what she wanted....a dollhouse,a big one, and a tutu. That's all. I am sure Santa is super happy about the short Christmas list this year, because I have a feeling it will only grow longer and longer as the years go. We did attempt to see Christmas lights yet, Faith opted to fall asleep in the car, which made it a little easier on us. David and I picked up a yummy Starbucks Peppermint Mocha, decaf for me, and viewed the lights at our own pace with a perfect bundle out in the back seat. Once we got home, we finished up our wrapping, helped Santa with his and thanked God for His endless blessings. I could probably go on and on about the laughter and giggles and smiles my husband I shared last night. Things that almost brought me to tears I was laughing so hard. He is an amazing man who continues to blow me away with his strength and compassion. I love him so much, though I do think that wrapping presents is my Superman's kryptonite. I have never seen someone move around and utilize space so much when wrapping the simplest things. I believe at one point he had almost moved himself out of our room in attempts to wrap something. I have no idea how, but I do think it is my job to make sure I give him more and more to warp each year, just to watch him take on the challenge. *love you*

As Christmas Eve is closely approaching and Christmas Day just around the corner, we would like to send our love and blessings to all our family and friends, as well as those whose path cross ours in one way or the other. May the True meaning of Christmas be in all your hearts and may it carry on into the new year. Merry Christmas, Ya'll. ;)

No comments: