we just moved back to Texas, straight out of 4 years of graduate school (2 for me and 2 for David), with a 2 year old and blessing upon blessing that lead us here, we still stand completely amazed at the blessings, grace and joy God continues to pour into our overflowing cups. I have to admit I have just fallen into the 'we need,' 'i need', 'wouldn't it be nice if' phrases as we stare at an empty dining room, media room, and other random empty parts in this new blessing of a home. but recently it has been these empty places where Faith has created beaches and sand castles, dance rooms and choo choo trains, these are the places where 'Daddy spin me' results in echos of giggles and laughter that fill our home and our hearts with moments I wouldn't change for a second.
Now we have wrapped up Halloween, gotten down all the Christmas stuff and started planning where to start settling in for this season and I am certain I wouldn't change a thing. I have committed to making this season more 'home grown' sure I am almost 28 weeks pregnant and I will be around 34 or so weeks for Christmas morning, but the joy of "arts and craps" as Faith calls them, is priceless. So you may notice a lot more pictures of "Arts and Craps" at our house this holiday season and many of you will be able to see and taste the results of these things. The only thing missing is a fancy camera to take this pictures on, right ;) just teasing, though it has made our Martin wish list for the years to come, our Sony Cybershot mixed with iPhoto and Photoshop(which I hope to get a tutorial on soon *thanks Jon-in advance*), should help enhance the quality and capture the spirit of the season a little more.
SO here is to being thankful in all circumstances and joyful from every inch of our hearts....


3 comments:
Amen! Well said!
I love "arts and craps"!!
Blessed! That's how we all feel to have you home in Texas. You are all a joy to be around. We pray for continued thankful blessings for all!
Post a Comment